Dental crowns are versatile and effective treatments for many problems with the teeth. An attractive porcelain crown can cover an unsightly, broken, damaged, decayed, or oddly shaped tooth. Teeth that have cracked because of an overly large filling are also protected and preserved with a dental crown.
Dr. Sameet Koppikar at Biltmore Dental Center, serving Phoenix, Glendale, and surrounding AZ communities, is an experienced and compassionate Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) who offers a comprehensive array of advanced dental care, including reconstructive and cosmetic dentistry including high-quality porcelain crowns.
After a thorough consultation with Dr. Koppikar to determine whether a dental crown is the most appropriate treatment for a patient’s unique needs, the procedure itself can be completed in just one visit, using our state-of-the-art CEREC technology. CEREC is an acronym for CEramic REConstruction.
The process involved in placement of a porcelain dental crown entails:
- Examination of the tooth to determine the amount of healthy structure remaining in the tooth
- Preparation may include reshaping the tooth to make it smaller or using filling material to make it more supportive of the crown
- Comfortable and precise 3D images are captured so that Dr. Koppikar and the patient can see how the crown will look and work
- The sophisticated CEREC software sends the image to a custom milling machine in our office, where the appropriate shade of porcelain is carved into the dental crown while the patient relaxes
- The sturdy dental crown is cemented into place, providing the patient with improved function and enhanced self-esteem
Dental crowns may also be used in conjunction with a dental bridge, anchoring the prosthetic into place by anchoring the bridge to healthy, supporting teeth. Dental implants, which replace the entire root of a missing tooth, are topped off with a dental crown for a natural-looking and durable restoration.
Biltmore Dental Center’s comprehensive menu of dental services include family, pediatric, restorative, cosmetic, surgical, emergency, and sedation dentistry. For more information about dental crowns, CEREC technology, or any of our treatments, contact us today at (602) 954-8200 or visit us at 4202 N. 32nd Street, Suite B, Phoenix, AZ 85018.