Treating Periodontal Disease in Phoenix, AZ
The Progression of Periodontal Disease
Do your gums swell, bleed, or hurt? If so, you may be in a stage of periodontal disease. Schedule an exam with Biltmore Dental Center to improve your chances of fully recovering and restoring your smile. The three stages of periodontal disease include:
- Gingivitis – Gingivitis symptoms comprise inflammation and bleeding. It can be corrected through dental cleanings and continued good oral health habits.
- Periodontitis – When your gums start peeling away from your teeth. Though irreversible, we can alleviate your pain and prevent the infection from spreading.
- Advanced Periodontitis – The final stage. Advanced periodontitis comprises tooth loss, shifting, and loosening.
How to Treat Periodontal Disease
If you are worried that you are in the middle of a stage of periodontal disease, you are not alone. Many people have periodontal disease and receive treatment daily. Luckily, there are things you can do to relieve your pre-existing gum condition or prevent an infection from happening entirely. Please seek out or ask us about the following treatments if you want to reduce or prevent gum disease:
- Oral Health at Home – Maintain regular brushing and flossing habits at home and perform them daily. We recommend brushing twice a day and flossing a minimum of once daily.
- Twice-Yearly Exams – Schedule an exam every six months. That way, our dentists can clean, monitor, and inspect your mouth's condition.
- Personalized Treatment Plans – Receive care for Periodontitis and Advanced Periodontitis. We offer customized implants, bridges, and teeth replacements and provide pain relief.