Phoenix dentist explains cosmetic dentistry
At Biltmore Dental Center, serving patients from Phoenix, Glendale, and surrounding communities, we offer a complete range of family, emergency, restorative, surgical, and cosmetic dentistry, including prevention and treatment of gum disease and orthodontic treatments and alternatives.
Medical and dental terminology may be confusing to some patients. While cosmetic dentistry typically refers to any procedure or combination of procedures performed with the goal of improving the aesthetics of a patient’s smile, many cosmetic treatments may also improve the function or stability of the teeth.
Our team offers patients several options to enhance the beauty of their smiles, such as:
- Professional teeth whitening – sometimes simply brightening discolored or dull teeth can have a dramatic impact. In just one hour, our in-office whitening system can achieve whiter teeth. Patients may also choose to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own homes with our take-home, custom-made gel whitening trays.
- Natural-looking fillings – no one needs to have visible fillings any longer thanks to tooth-colored composite resin or porcelain fillings.
- Dental crowns – if a tooth has sustained damage or is unattractive, an artificial tooth, also called a cap, can protect and cover the visible portion of the tooth. With our advanced CEREC technology, a dental crown can be designed, milled, and placed in just one visit. Crowns may also be used to top a dental implant or to anchor a dental bridge.
- Bridges – gaps in the teeth, created by tooth loss, can negatively affect the beauty of a smile as well as impair function. A bridge is comprised of one or more artificial teeth that are secured on both sides to adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants – considered the premier treatment for tooth loss, a dental implant is surgically placed and replaces the entire root of a missing tooth. The dental implant is covered with a crown.
- Gum contouring – an uneven or too visible gum line can detract from a smile’s appearance. Our laser technology allows precise sculpting of the gums with less bleeding or risk of complications than traditional gum surgery.
- Porcelain veneers – this versatile and affordable treatment makes it possible for a patient to design and attain the smile of his or her dreams. Thin strips of porcelain are applied to the fronts of the teeth, changing the shape, color, and symmetry of the patient’s smile.
Contact our friendly and knowledgeable dental team today to find out how you can transform your smile. Appointments and consultations may be requested online or by calling (602) 714-2223.