The desire for brighter, whiter teeth is almost universal; many people in Phoenix, AZ turn to Dr. Sameet Koppikar and the team at Biltmore Dental Center for professional teeth whitening services even though stores have entire aisles devoted to toothpastes, mouthwashes, strips, trays, and more, all claiming to whiten teeth.
Commercial products frequently leave users disappointed in the results.
It is reported that Americans spend nearly 1.4 billion dollars per year on over the counter whitening products; unfortunately, many of them are not very effective.
- Even when mouthwash contains whitening agents, it is not in contact with the enamel long enough to produce noticeable results.
- Strips can only whiten the areas they contact, and many users develop a line across their teeth where the strips cannot extend to the gums.
- One-size-fits-all trays have a tendency to leak because they are not snug against the teeth.
- Toothpastes generally contain micro-fine abrasives, which can cause excessive wear on the tooth enamel.
- When there is tartar on the teeth it blocks the whitening agents, and they cannot work where they do not contact the tooth enamel.
- Due to safety concerns, consumer products contain a lower percentage of whitening agents.
The benefits of professional whitening
- Dr. Koppikar examines the teeth to ensure they are healthy and corrects any oral issues before treatment because whitening gel in a cavity or fracture can cause excruciating pain.
- A professional cleaning is usually performed before a whitening treatment to prevent build up on the teeth from causing a two-toned smile.
- The gums are protected by a barrier during in-office whitening, preventing gum irritation.
- Take home trays are custom made to ensure a leak-free fit, protecting the gums and preventing the whiteners from being diluted by saliva.
- Both in-office and take-home whitening treatments are overseen by a dental professional to ensure safety and effectiveness. There is no guidance or monitoring available for over the counter products.
You don’t have to go to Hollywood to have a smile as bright as the movie stars have. Dr. Koppikar and his team keep many people in Phoenix, and the rest of AZ, smiling brightly. If you want to brighten your smile safely, comfortably, and effectively, call Biltmore Dental Center at (602) 954-8200 , and schedule an appointment today.