Veneers in Phoenix can rejuvenate your smile with minimally invasive treatment
Humankind has appreciated the beauty of a nice smile since ancient times. However, it was not until recent years that we had the ability to make cosmetic corrections. Thanks you the wonders of modern cosmetic dentistry you can change anything that you dislike about your smile. Porcelain veneers, available at Biltmore Dental Center in Phoenix, are one of the most popular ways of accomplishing that.
What are veneers?
A dental veneer is a very thin layer of porcelain that is applied to the visible tooth surface. Veneers are actually very durable when they are bonded to your teeth.
Versatility is one of the greatest aspects of veneer treatment. A single tooth or several teeth can be treated, often correcting several issues simultaneously. These include:
- Close gaps in widely spaced teeth
- Cover stains or discoloration that are not responsive to teeth whitening
- Restore teeth that are worn down
- Replace worn enamel
- Repair minor fractures and chips
- Alter the natural shape of teeth
- Make teeth appear larger or smaller
- Correct an uneven smile
- Visually correct mildly crooked or misaligned teeth (It is important to understand that veneers only make teeth look straight. (To correct bite issues Invisalign or other orthodontics are needed.)
Despite the amazing range of issues that veneers can correct, they are among the most conservative treatments available. In most cases, a very thin layer of enamel is shaved off, to ensure that the veneer does not look or feel bulky. The amount is typically the thickness of an average fingernail or less. In some instances, particularly if the tooth is too small or worn down, no alteration is needed. Veneers are also popular for the convenience of the procedure. It only takes a few visits, and the entire process is usually complete in just a few weeks.
Let your smile be the best it can be! Call us at (602) 714-2223 and schedule an appointment to find out if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers.