The AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) took a survey several years ago; the study found that more than 90 percent of Americans feel that a nice smile is an important personal asset. The same study indicated that over 50 percent of all Americans are dissatisfied with their smile. Fortunately, thanks to the advances in dental technology, materials, and techniques, placing porcelain veneers can create a stunning new smile for many patients in just two or three visits.
Porcelain veneers are one of the fastest and most esthetic ways to correct embarrassing dental flaws:
- Discoloration – Teeth that have been discolored by medicine, such as tetracycline or some blood pressure medications, a root canal treatment, or excessive fluoride, will not respond to teeth whitening procedures. Porcelain veneers can mask the discoloration and give your teeth a beautiful and natural appearance.
- Gaps – Porcelain veneers can fill in gaps between your teeth and remove unsightly spaces
- Wear – As we age, our teeth become chipped and worn down. Porcelain veneers can cover this wear, providing a more youthful appearance.
- Damage – Porcelain veneers can cover moderate chips or fractures in your teeth.
- Misalignment –Porcelain veneers can instantly straighten your teeth – without the need of long-term braces.
- Shape – Craters or bulges in tooth enamel can be removed by a porcelain veneer.
Porcelain veneers are strong, durable, and stain resistant. In addition they mimic the glass-like translucent properties that natural teeth have. A dentist with an artistic eye, such as Dr. Sameet Koppikar, can create spectacular smiles with porcelain veneers. In the right hands, porcelain veneers can create a stunning natural looking smile or a perfectly symmetrical “Hollywood Smile”- if that is what you desire. If your teeth are in a relatively normal position, your gums are symmetrical and healthy, and the teeth have sufficient structure, veneers can give you an amazing smile makeover. If you are not a good candidate for veneers, Dr. Koppikar can recommend alternative treatments to help you reach your goals. Call Biltmore Dental Center at [phone], or stop by 4202 N. 32nd Street Suite B, Phoenix, AZ and schedule your consultation with one of the highest rated dentists in Phoenix.
Back to Dental Veneers Home Page