Porcelain veneers can give Glendale patients the brand new smile they have long desired. The process is quick and convenient, typically requiring only two appointments after the initial consultation. The process takes just a few weeks, but the beautiful results can last for many years. There are numerous benefits to porcelain veneers:
- Improves flaws such as gaps, chips, discoloration, and mild misalignment
- Corrects the appearance of smiles that are uneven
- Covers worn down teeth or those that look too short
- Veneers can add moderate strength to fractured teeth
- Teeth with intrinsic staining that do not respond to whitening treatments can be whitened and brightened with veneers
- They are more resistant to staining than natural teeth are
- They are custom made for each individual tooth, making them virtually indiscernible from natural, untreated teeth
- The treatment has minimal side effects or risks
- There is no downtime
- Patients enjoy nearly instant gratification; the treatment is generally completed in about three weeks.
- Just three appointments are required, consultation, preparation, and placement
The consultation is the most important part of the entire process. It is essential that you explain your concerns about your smile and the results you desire from treatment. If possible, bring pictures of smiles you like so he can understand your unique perception of a beautiful smile. He will explain the process in detail and answer any questions you may have. The desired shade of porcelain may be chosen during this visit.
During the preparation appointment, the doctor will shave a small amount of enamel from the surface of the teeth to make room for the veneers to fit without adding bulk. Impressions of your teeth will be taken and sent along with pertinent information such as color choice to the ceramist who will make the veneers.
When the permanent veneers are ready, you will return to the office for placement. Dr. Koppikar with check them for fit and shading, if any adjustments are needed, he will hand sculpt them for a precise fit. If the color needs adjustment, that can be accomplished by tinting bonding cement. Once you and the doctor are satisfied with their appearance and fit, they will be permanently bonded in place.
If you live in Glendale or the surrounding communities, visit Dr. Koppikar, and his terrific team, to learn how they can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Call [phone] for an appointment.
Back to Dental Veneers Home Page