Tips to help Glendale AZ keep smiles bright after teeth whitening
Everyone loves a nice white smile, and we offer two options to help you to brighten yours. Our in-office method is the fastest way to brighten a smile; your teeth can be several shades lighter in just one hour. This option is popular with those who need to look their best quickly. The take-home system requires several days, but achieves the same beautiful results. Patients with busy schedules love the ability to whiten at their convenience. With either option, we provide whitening trays so you can do a touch-up treatment a needed.
Here are a few tips to help you maintain you’re the results of a whitening treatment:
- Crispy, crunchy fruits and vegetables help remove stains from the surface of the teeth because they have a natural scouring ability that makes them act as a natural toothbrush.
- We all know that flossing is important to protect your teeth against decay and gum disease, but it does more than that, it removes the staining particles from between the teeth.
- Yogurt and milk may help keep teeth cavity free and bright because they contain phosphorous and calcium, which promotes tooth enamel remineralization, and therefore, increased stain resistance.
- Chewing sugar free gum sweetened with xylitol stimulates saliva production, which rinses our teeth and remineralizes them. The xylitol reduces the ability of bacteria to cling to surface of the teeth.
- You may have read about whitening your teeth with substances such as baking soda or lemons. These types of whitening are not recommended because their results, if any, are achieved by abrading or acid etching the enamel. This increases susceptibility to stains and promotes tooth decay.
- Avoiding richly colored foods and drinks will help protect your bright smile. If a food or drink can stain a white shirt, it can stain your teeth. Brushing your teeth or rinsing your mouth promptly after eating or drinking will remove the stain causing particles from the mouth. Additionally, consuming beverages through a straw will reduce the potential for stains.
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Keeping your teeth clean helps keep them bright and healthy.
To enjoy a smile as bright as the Glendale AZ sun, visit Dr. Koppikar, and his amazing team at Biltmore Dental Center. Call (602) 714-2223 today to schedule an appointment.