Dr. Sameet Koppikar
and our gentle, professional staff at Biltmore Dental Center understand that for many people dental phobia is a very real and serious condition. It can lead to a patient avoiding the dentist and subsequently missing necessary treatment, examination, and professional cleaning. At times, patients with the dental phobia will not see a dentist unless they are in extreme pain, which can often reinforce the phobia.
Even patients who do not suffer from the dental phobia may put off treatment if they fear discomfort, lack of personal space, or an overactive gag reflex.
At our comfortable, well-appointed, friendly, and relaxing dental office, we are committed to providing the latest technologies, techniques, and treatments to help our patients achieve optimal oral health and wellness without fear, anxiety, or discomfort.
is a trusted and respected, board-certified Doctor of Dental Surgery who has been ranked the #1 Dentist in Phoenix
by Dr. Oogle and has received recognition from other physicians and patients for his clinical outcomes and his attentive, patient-centered care. Because we are dedicated to patient comfort, Dr. Koppikar offers the services of a board-certified dental doctor of anesthesiology to oversee our sedation dentistry
is also referred to as sleep dentistry. There are several levels of sedation that may be recommended, based upon the unique needs of the patient. They include:
- Minimal sedation, during which the patient is awake but very relaxed
- Moderate sedation, also called conscious sedation, calms the patient and may limit memory of the procedure
- Deep sedation, during which a patient may drift in and out of consciousness
- General anesthesia, during which the patient is completely sedated and unconscious
- Patient comfort
- Ability to receive necessary treatments, such as tooth extractions and root canals which will ease patient discomfort
- Ability to sit calmly through extensive restorations
For more information about the advantages of sedation dentistry
and our comprehensive menu of family, emergency, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry, contact Biltmore Dental Center
today at [phone]. Our office is located in Phoenix at 4202 North 32nd Street, Suite B.
Back to Sedation Dentistry Home Page