If you have been avoiding getting the dental care you need because of dental fear and anxiety or because you know you need extensive work and you don't have time for that many appointments, Dr. Koppikar can change your life for the better. The doctor offers safe and effective sedation so you can put your fears aside and, in most cases, have all of your dental treatments completed in one or two appointments. Best of all, you can have it done comfortably and without stress. There are numerous benefits of sedation:
- Relaxation – When dental visits are free of stress, fatigue, and fear they become a relaxing experience. Patients no longer feel the need to postpone appointments or avoid the dentist.
- Comfort – Sedation relaxes the muscles during treatment, which reduces post-treatment fatigue and soreness.
- Movement Control – Patients with neuromotor medical conditions that cause involuntary movement can receive the dental care they need quickly, comfortably, and safely.
- Gag reflex control – Patients who have a strong gag reflex can benefit from sedation because it can significantly reduce the urge to choke.
- The Little memory of treatment – The amnesic effect of sedation is appreciated by dentally fearful patients. They can experience the joy of a healthy mouth with little to no memory of the treatments that made it possible.
- Fewer appointments – Patients who need multiple procedures or complex work can have treatment completed in a single extended appointment. Sedated patients are essentially unaware of the passage of time; hours can seem like minutes, so they don't become tired during treatment.
- Better treatment quality – The doctor can perform the dental work with precision because the patient isn't wiggling, gagging, or growing weary.
- Better dental experience – The benefits of sedation create a better dental experience, encouraging patients to seek the treatments they need because they know they have nothing to fear.
There is no need to avoid the dental treatments you need, or miss your regular check-ups; sedation dentistry can help you get the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve. Call [phone] and schedule an appointment with Dr. Koppikar and the talented team at Biltmore dental center. They have extensive experience in helping Phoenix AZ relax and smile beautifully.
Back to Sedation Dentistry Home Page