Many people believe that when they need root canal therapy they will have to see a dental specialist (Endodontist). However, all dentists are trained in this procedure in dental school. Some dentists send their patients to a specialist for root canal treatment, however Dr. Koppikar prefers to provide comprehensive care at Biltmore Dental Center so his patients can receive their treatments from the doctor they know and trust, rather than having to rely on a stranger.
Dr. Koppikar has extensive skills and years of experience in completing successful, comfortable root canal treatments. The doctor's expertise, combined with the high-tech advances in dentistry result in treatment that is quick, painless, and stress-free. Some of the recent advances that have made treatment easier for patients and doctors:
- Better files – The traditional files used for treatment were made of stainless steel, they were rigid, broke easily, and limited access to the infected tissue. Nickel titanium files used today are flexible and resistant to breakage, making it easier and faster to clean out the canals.
- Better anesthetics – Modern anesthetics are much more effective, making it easier to ensure the entire tooth is numb. Dr. Koppikar also offers sedation administered by a board certified anesthesiologist if necessary.
- Better x-rays – Digital x-rays reduce radiation exposure by up to 90 percent and they are available for viewing immediately. This allows the doctor to check the status of the tooth several times during the procedure when required.
- Better tools – Electric handpieces are very quiet and efficient, minimizing any discomfort. They are faster and stronger, allowing more control over the process of shaping the canal prior to filling.
- Better solutions – The advanced solutions applied to rinse the area wash away debris while disinfecting the tooth. The gutta percha (a biocompatible natural latex) used to fill the area is antibacterial and gives the tooth a strong core. The dental sealers that seal the area are non-allergenic, so they do not irritate the tooth.
Dr. Koppikar and his team stay up to date on the latest developments in root canal therapy and the other services they offer to provide the very best for every patient in Phoenix who visits Biltmore Dental Center. If you need root canal therapy, you don't have to see a specialist, visit your friendly neighborhood dentist. Call [phone] to schedule an appointment today.
Back to Root Canal Home Page