A bright and healthy smile can make you feel happier and more confident. Your smile is a valuable asset in your personal and professional life. If you are unhappy with your smile because of stains, dullness, or discoloration, our team at Biltmore Dental Center can help you to achieve a whiter smile.
Many factors contribute to tooth discoloration and staining, such as:
- Diet - beverages like coffee, tea, soft drinks, and wine, and certain fruits and vegetables, such as berries or tomatoes, can stain teeth over time
- Age - wear and tear can erode the outer layer of enamel, exposing more of the dentin inside, which has a yellowish shade
- Heredity - the thickness of the enamel or the shade of the teeth can also be a result of simple genetics
- Prior or older dental work - conventional silver amalgam fillings or other silver sulfide materials can create a grayish-black discoloration
- Lack of a strict oral hygiene routine - insufficient brushing or flossing may cause stains to build up
- Tobacco use - smoking or using tobacco products stains teeth
- Certain health conditions may cause changes in the enamel or dentin
- Medications, such as high blood pressure pills, some antibiotics, or antidepressants may cause discoloration
Dr. Sameet Koppikar is a recognized and experienced dentist, serving patients in Phoenix, Glendale, Tempe, and surrounding areas, with a complete range of cosmetic, family, pediatric, reconstructive, and emergency dentistry. Dr. Koppikar has been named a "Best Dentist" as well as the #1 Dentist in Phoenix by Dr. Oogle rating system. He has also been nominated by his peers for the Doctors' Choice Award.
For patients who are concerned about tooth discoloration and staining, our team offers professional teeth whitening. Unlike some over the counter products, which use abrasive ingredients, our whitening products are safe and effective.
Professional Teeth Whitening offers
Patients may choose in-office whitening, at-home whitening trays, or a combination of both. Our high-quality, fast-acting gel can produce results up to six shades whiter in just one hour, even lifting stubborn coffee stains. The at-home, custom-made whitening trays provide more gradual whitening and may be used for follow-up care after in-office treatment, or as a more flexible whitening as a patient's schedule allows.
Back to Teeth Whitening