For many patients, the desire to have straighter teeth may be offset by the reluctance to commit to lengthy treatment that involves visible wires and brackets and limits their dietary options. The thought of conventional braces may seem unappealing to adults who associate such treatment with awkward stages of adolescence.
Today, many options are available for patients who wish to straighten their teeth and resolve alignment issues, including purely cosmetic dental veneers, tooth colored or clear braces, shorter treatment time with Six Month Smiles, or Invisalign clear alignment trays.
At Biltmore Dental Center, Dr. Sameet Koppikar and our dental team understand that no two patients are exactly alike. That's why we offer a variety of alignment options.
Invisalign is a great option for patients who want discreet and effective orthodontic treatment. The advanced technology of Invisalign involves a series of clear, comfortable, and removable aligner trays that are progressively changed every two weeks. The gentle pressure of the trays gradually shifts teeth into the proper position and is virtually invisible, allowing patients to smile and speak with confidence during treatment.
Treatment time is typically 6 to 18 months when the trays are worn around 22 hours per day. Patients may remove the trays to eat without any food limitations, and to brush and floss, allowing for optimal oral hygiene and reducing the risk of plaque accumulation.
Unlike conventional braces, Invisalign clear alignment trays are smooth and comfortable, and they will not irritate the gums and cheeks the way metal brackets do. Invisalign is appropriate for patients who have the following conditions:
- Bite issues, such as:
- Overbite - the upper teeth bite over top of the lower teeth
- Underbite - the lower teeth protrude beyond the upper teeth
- Crossbite - the jaws are misaligned preventing upper and lower teeth from resting flush
- Open bite - teeth do not make physical contact with the opposite teeth
- Overcrowding - too many teeth or a jaw that is too small, causing crooked or turned teeth, which will get progressively worse
- Gapped teeth - caused by tooth loss or abnormal development of the jawbone
For more information about alignment options, contact Biltmore Dental Center, serving Phoenix, Glendale, and nearby communities, at [phone].
Back to Invisalign Home Page