Phoenix Arizona smiles can look great again with dental implants
Dental implants are considered one of the greatest advances in the field of dentistry in the last four decades. Whether you have lost teeth through disease, trauma, or decay, they are an excellent treatment option in most cases. Implants can be used to replace one tooth, multiple teeth, or all of your teeth. They are strong and stable, allowing you to eat the foods you love. Implants feel and look like your natural teeth.
What are dental Implants?
They are essentially replacement tooth roots, and, like natural roots, derive their stability from the jawbone. The implants are not visible once placed as they are hidden from view below the gum line. They are a terrific long-term restorative option, implants that were placed 40 years ago are still in place and fully functional. The materials used to make them are biocompatible, which means that they will not be rejected by the body. Once the bone and implants have fused successfully, they will last for many years when given proper care.
Am I a suitable candidate?
Most people are good candidates for this treatment; however, some factors can affect the success of this treatment. It is important that the patient be in good general health. Uncontrolled diabetes, uncontrolled gum disease, radiation to the jaws, cancer, heavy alcohol consumption, and smoking can reduce the chances of successful treatment. Only a thorough examination that includes bite assessment, medical and dental history review, and x-rays can determine a patient’s candidacy for dental implant placement.
Dental implants are a great investment, providing a number of benefits. They can:
- Enhance your smile and boost your confidence
- Help those who have collapsed bites look more youthful
- Improve speech and chewing ability
- Protect the alignment of the existing teeth
- Reduce or halt the bone loss (resorption) that is inherent with lost teeth
- Aid optimal oral health by making oral hygiene as easy as with natural teeth
- Improve your overall health and quality of life
- Although dental implants are initially more expensive, they are cost effective long term, because they do not require periodic replacement as dentures and dental bridges do.
If you want to fill the gaps from missing teeth to restore your smile, consult Dr. Sameet Koppikar and his skilled team at Biltmore Dental Center. They offer the excellence that comes from extensive experience in restoring Phoenix smiles. Call (602) 714-2223 to schedule an appointment today.