A cosmetic dentist keeps Glendale AZ smiling
If you live in Glendale, AZ and want to have the smile of your dreams, you can visit Dr. Sameet Koppikar and his talented team at Biltmore Dental Center. He provides a wide array of services such as white fillings, porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, implants, braces, Invisalign, and teeth whitening that can help you achieve that million-dollar smile. When a cosmetic dentist enhances your smile, you may realize some bonus benefits. People who love their smile have a tendency to smile freely and often. The act of smiling can do some amazing things:
- Stress relief – When you smile, your brain releases endorphins, which are euphoria inducing neurotransmitters. Just picturing a smile can improve your mood according to the British Dental Health Foundation.
- Pain relief – The Journal of Pain published a study that found that facial expressions heighten and reinforce your feelings. People who smiled rather than grimaced when uncomfortable felt less pain.
- Better first impressions – A survey conducted by the Beall Institute found that people sharing attractive smiles are generally considered more trustworthy, intelligent, and successful than their unsmiling counterparts are. Smiling send signals that you are friendly, warm, and open to interaction.
- Fight off colds – Smiling has been associated with improved power of the immune system. Osaka University researchers in Japan found that individuals who laughed and smiled during a comedy demonstrated increased immune system function.
- Happy Heart – The European Heart Journal published a study that found people who scored higher on a happiness scale where correspondingly less likely to suffer from heart conditions. It has been shown that laughing relaxes the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure.
- Diet aid – A stress hormone (cortisol) can trigger a craving for foods high in sugar and fat. Staying upbeat lowers cortisol levels, which may make you less likely to reach for “comfort food” when stressed. Additionally, 15min of laughing can burn 50 calories according to Vanderbilt University.
- Longer life – University of Illinois researchers found that people with a positive attitude lived an average of 4 to 10 years longer than their negative counterparts.
If you are in the Glendale AZ area, and want a healthy, beautiful smile, and the benefits that sharing it with the world may bring, call Biltmore Dental Center at (602) 714-2223 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Sameet Koppikar today.