veryone knows the power of a stunning smile. It exudes self-confidence, health, competence, and beauty. If you have crooked teeth and feel like they are holding you back, you may be wondering about your options for straightening your teeth. Fortunately, with the latest dental technologies such as Invisalign
, getting that perfect smile has never been easier! Besides straighter teeth, Invisalign has amazing health benefits
too. At Biltmore Dental Center
in Phoenix, AZ
, Dr. Sameet Koppikar and his dental team
always work with patients to help them achieve the smile of their dreams.
How Invisalign works
is a modern way of straightening your teeth and fixing bite problems without traditional metal wire-and-bracket braces. It uses a series of clear aligner trays that are custom designed for your mouth to gradually shift your teeth and jaw into the correct position. The trays are nearly invisible, so you can discreetly improve your smile, and they are completely removable so that you don’t need to change what you eat and you can thoroughly clean your teeth and gums at night without brackets and wires getting in the way. Even better, on average, patients are done with their treatment in approximately one year!
Health benefits of Invisalign
The benefits of Invisalign go beyond just a better-looking smile. There are numerous health benefits associated with straightening your teeth and correcting any issues with your bite.
- Overcrowded teeth: If there isn’t enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly and they overlap each other, it can result in an accumulation of plaque on the areas you are unable to reach with brushing and flossing, which can lead to gum disease and tooth decay; overcrowding can also lead to cracking teeth
- Overbite: This occurs when your upper teeth go beyond your bottom teeth when you bite down; by correcting an overbite with Invisalign, you can avoid gum problems, excessive wear on your bottom teeth, painful temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues, and jaw soreness
- Underbite: This is the opposite of an overbite—the lower teeth go beyond the upper teeth; by correcting an underbite, you can prevent uneven wear on your teeth and painful TMJ and jaw problems, and restore normal function to your front teeth and molars
- Crossbite: If your upper teeth bite inside the bottom teeth at any point in your mouth, it is called a crossbite; this can lead to gum disease, abnormal wear on certain teeth, and the loss of jawbone that is necessary to provide a sturdy foundation for your teeth
- Open bite: This happens when some of your teeth do not make contact with the opposite teeth when you bite down; by correcting it with Invisalign, you can avoid painful or insufficient chewing, temporomandibular joint disorder, and impairments in your speech
What to expect
It is important to note that Invisalign is not a good fit for everyone. Some dental issues are too severe to fix with Invisalign and other orthodontic appliances would be a better choice. Dr. Sameet Koppikar
is experienced at evaluating patients’ teeth and bite issues to determine whether they are good candidates for Invisalign.
In a consultation, he will evaluate your teeth and jaw and take digital images of your mouth. One of the most exciting aspects of Invisalign treatment is that you can see your results before you even begin due to the use of digital imaging technology. Then, your customized series of aligner trays will be fabricated in a laboratory. When they are ready, you will come into the office to pick up your trays and receive instructions on how to wear them and care for them, as well as how frequently to change them out for the next set (typically every two weeks). Throughout your treatment, Dr. Koppikar will evaluate your mouth to check on your Invisalign progress.
Take steps towards straighter, healthier teeth today
Straighter teeth, a more beautiful smile, and a healthier mouth are within your reach! To learn more about Invisalign and whether it is a good choice for you, call
Biltmore Dental Center in Phoenix, AZ at [phone]. We are here to serve all your dental needs with our warm, friendly atmosphere and highly skilled professionals. Call us today!
Back to Invisalign Home Page